Tele Design

Tele Design
A rough design for this project

Wednesday 4 August 2010

The Wood Get's Cut

Hello all

So after awhile of searching for someone able to cut out the block of wood, I finally found someone with the right skills for the job... The very nice man who fitted our kitchen!

I marked out the wood by drawing around a telecaster body I've managed to borrow from a friend of mine (thank you Shaun!).



Using a proper jigsaw (as opposed to the crummy one I own) and a special blade he carefully cut round the template as I stood around taking pictures.



And another picture:



And finally one more:



So now this project is finally underway and is starting to actually look like a guitar.





So tomorrow begins the long and fun task of contouring all the edges with my spokeshave.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment